Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature characterised by the practice of communal nudity with the intention of encouraging self-respect, respect for others and for the environment (See www.inf-fni.org). This is the basis for our code of conduct.
Given that many people seem to not recognise that naturism is an entirely innocent and wholesome way of life, and misunderstand the intent behind naturism a code of conduct is important that we define the parameters of what we find acceptable, and not.
We do not accept:
- Obscene or offensive language.
- Racism, sexism OR homophobia.
- Sexual or erotic material.
- Material intended to cause agitation.
- Any other unlawful material.
- No sexual content of any kind e.g. dancing in a provocative manner, sitting on someone’s genitals, swapping saliva, touching genitals. (Swaying of the hips is allowed, but pole dancing wouldn’t be, if you get our point).
- No photographs whatsoever unless you have cleared it with each and every single person in the shot. Please don’t try and persuade anyone. Their first no is their final answer. People have every right to their privacy and whether or not they wish themselves or their family to appear in a photograph. All photos need to be inspected by all people appearing in the photo immediately after the photo was taken.
- Don’t stare; it is very rude whether you have clothes on or not.
- Always take a towel and make sure you sit on it when on other people’s furniture. This is for hygiene reasons such as protecting other people from your sun tan oil, sweat etc.
- We like to create a harmonious environment where everyone gets along. Please do not argue or fight and leave your aggressive behaviour at home. Get along with everyone and if you have a disagreement, keep it to yourself if it may cause a fight. It makes other people feel uncomfortable when you are having a screaming match with someone else and we don’t want to ruin anyone’s good time.
- Your partner or friend you brought with you is your responsibility only. Keep them in line and make sure they know the code of conduct BEFORE attending. If they cannot be controlled, we suggest you remove them in an adult and diplomatic fashion.
- Cover up any unpredictable erections or indications of arousal. We know they sometimes happen beyond your control, a simple towel covering it up or lying on your front and no-one will know.
- No violence or raising voices or shouting. Respect everyone even though they may rub you the wrong way.
- Don’t litter, in fact, if you see it, then pick it up and dispose of it yourself. Parents are responsible for their children also where this is concerned. The only things you should leave behind are your foot prints. This applies with our “Leave no trace” Motto. Bring a trash bag next time you go to a public place.
- Don’t make rude comments about anyone.
- Children sometimes like to let off steam and this is no bad thing at all, but children should be supervised by adults so that they don’t cause problems for others.
- Binoculars are normally unwelcome in naturist resorts.
- Don’t go naked where nakedness isn’t allowed – you are asking for trouble big style if you do that.
- Naturist resorts and/or naturist friendly beaches are peaceful places, so be considerate about playing loud music or radios. Use earphones if possible, and if asked to ‘turn it down’, do so willingly.
- Respect other people’s property.
- Privacy Is fundamental. Many are at a resort/beach for a quiet time. Body language should tell you they don’t want to be disturbed. It’s not wrong to look for new friends – but it is rude to intrude when you’re unwelcome.
- Always come PREPARED. Bring supplies: beverage, food, sunscreen, towel or your own cigarettes, braai meat if at a braai. Mooching is not a cool way to make friends.
- Speak up for standards. Don’t let some newcomer who doesn’t understand the situation or our values cause trouble. Instead of doing a slow burn, go talk, politely but firmly, to the couple starting sexual activity or the person using bad language.
If you are new to the concept of naturism and understand and accept the above then we would welcome your application.